- 2 cups yellow split peas or yellow mung beans (rinsed and soaked overnight or for 8 hours minimum)
- 1L bone or vegetable broth (NutraOrganics Chicken or Vegetable Broth powders are great)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 cup green beans
- 2-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 tbs homemade vegetable stock
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Pepper, to taste
Heat oil in large saucepan. Saute onion, carrot, garlic, ginger and ground coriander seeds. Cook until softened.
Add broth, green beans, curry powder and split peas and bring to boil.
Once boiled, bring to a simmer.
Cauliflower rice and spinach (if preferred, serve with brown rice)
Macros - 1 serve 250g (dahl only) 342 calories, 21.7g protein, 5.4g fat, 44.3g carbs