Vegan Cashew Lentil Lasagna
- 300g pumpkin
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 carrot
- 1 capsicum
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp italian herbs
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbs homemade vegetable stock
- 2 tins of crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 2 tin lentils
- 1 tbs Nutra Organics vegetable broth (or chicken/beef if not vegan)
- 1 Family Box Lasagna Sheets
- 1.5 cups raw cashews
- 2 cups water
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 tsp homemade vegetable stock
- 1 tbs nutritional yeast flakes
- Add onion, garlic, carrot, zucchini, capsicum to a food processor and roughly chop (or chop by hand if you're keen!)
- Heat oil in a large pan and saute vegetables until softened.
- Add in all other ingredients, except pumpkin and lentils, and stir to combine. Bring to the boil and reduce to simmer.
- Drain lentils and rinse, and then add to pan. Stir. Simmer for 10-15minutes or while you prepare the sauce
- Add all sauce ingredients to a high powered blender and whizz on high for 1 minute.
- Thinly slice pumpkin.
- Arrange lasagna in a large baking dish. Lentil mix, pumpkin slices, cashew sauce, pasta sheet and repeat. Finishing with cashew sauce layer and sprinkle with additional nutritional yeast flakes (optional)
- Bake in a moderate oven for approximate 40 minutes or until pasta sheets are cooked through.